Skip to main content

It Was Never My Ambition To Become The Soun - Ghandi Olaoye

 


Senior Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Jesus House Washington DC Parish, Pastor Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye, has stated his ambition to be the new Soun of Ogbomoso is the will of God.

 Recalled that OgbomosoInfo reported that the RCCG pastor was picked by kingmakers to become the new Soun of Ogbomosoland and his name has been forwarded to Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State for approval.

In a video posted on social media by the Parish, Olaoye, who addressed members of the church, said it was never his ambition to become the Soun.

He said he never wanted to be a king but God spoke to him about it and he had no option but to take a step of faith to obey God and watch what He wanted to do.

According to him: “All I am doing is to obey God. Let me tell you this if we find out in five years that this church starts to have a crisis. And things start to go down and you find out that the Lord spoke to me and I did not obey him.

“And it becomes like the case of Jonah or Achan, I hope you will not say thank God you did not answer God. You will be angry that God spoke to me and I did not obey. All I am doing is obeying God. This is action is not any action of avarice. It is not any action of greediness. It is nothing but obeying God. And this is what I have preached for 30 years.

“I told God if it is not your will, Lord stops it, let it not go through. But then I got into the process. I am only following God.

“There is nothing in this world that anybody has to offer me than what I have committed half of my life to do. If you know me very well, I am not doing this because I have nothing else to do. I am doing it because I believe it with my whole heart.”

On fears that he may have to compromise his Christian faith through involvement in traditional rituals as demanded by custom, Olaoye said: ”I can tell you, I have only one covenant. The blood of Jesus is enough for me. No other covenant will I engage in. I am not going to go into the details of a lot of things you have seen on social media.”

He denied he had resigned as senior pastor of the church as widely reported in the media, stating he couldn’t have become the process of becoming the Soun was not yet completed.

According to him: “It is still a process. We will tell you when the process is over.”

Olaoye said: “There were 23 of us before I entered into the race. Two of us were eventually picked. The chairman of the kingmaker voted for me to break the tie. The next thing is that it goes to the governor.

“If you know the process, the person who makes anybody a king is the governor. The kingmaker can choose you. Your family can choose you, which they did not initially. But that is a story for another day. It is the governor who chooses.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaafin of Oyo: Court strikes out kingmakers suit against Makinde

  An Oyo State High Court sitting in Awe, Afijio Local Government Area of the state, on Thursday, struck out the suit instituted against Governor Seyi Makinde by five kingmakers. Recall that the kingmakers, popularly known as Oyomesi, dragged the governor, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters and the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to court to stop them from aborting the process for the selection/appointment of the candidate for filling the vacant stool of Alaafin of Oyo by the kingmakers. The claimants in the suit were Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Yusuf Ayoola; Lagunna of Oyo, High Chief Wakeel Oyedepo; Akinniku of Oyo, High Chief Amuda Yusuf; Areago Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Waheed Oyetunji and Alapo of Oyo, who is also Warrant Officer for Alaapini of Oyo, Chief Gbadebo Mufutau. The plaintiffs were absent during Thursday’s hearing. While ruling on the suit, Justice Ladiran Akintola, struck it out following its withdrawal by counsel to the cla...

Ogbomoso to Ilorin, Ibadan to Ogbomoso Roads Are In 2020 Budget – Fatai Buhari |OGBOMOSO INFO|

Abdulfatai Omotayo Buhari, senator representing Oyo north senatorial district, says the 2020 budget can only cover 500 roads out of the 3,800 identified as requiring attention across the nation. Buhari, who is also the chairman, senate committee on land transport, said Babatunde Fashola, minister of works and housing, presented the list of 3,800 roads to his committee. Although the ministry has the highest figure in the 2020 budget proposal with N262 billion allocated to it, the senator said it can only cover 500 roads. Buhari said: “About five days ago, I was with Fashola and we were discussing the state of Nigerian roads. “He brought out a list of over 3,800 roads, but the available money can only repair 500 roads and they must be spread and not put in a particular section of the country. “The state of our roads is horrible. If you look at this year’s budget, N260billion has been budgeted for roads in Nigeria, but I must be honest with you, the roads so far are d...

NECO releases 2022 SSCE external results

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results of the November/December 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, the registrar of NECO, broke the news on Thursday in Minna, the capital of Niger state. The 2022 SSCE for external candidates was held from November 21 to December 21. The NECO registrar said a total of 59,124 candidates sat for the examination, with 31,316 males, representing 52.96 per cent, while 27,808, representing 47.03 per cent, were female. He said 58,012 candidates sat for the English Language with 44,162, representing 76.13 per cent, getting credit and above. According to Wushishi, the number of candidates who wrote Mathematics is 57,700, out of which 43,096, representing 74.69 per cent, got credit and above. He also disclosed that 46,825 candidates, representing 79.20%, got five credits and above — irrespective of English Language and Mathematics. The NECO registrar revealed that 11,419 candidates were sanction...