Skip to main content

Soun: Oba Ghandi Olaoye was destined to be king – Pastor Adeboye

 




The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, on Sunday, declared that the new Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Ghandi Afolabi Olaoye, Orumogege III , was destined to be a king even before he was born.

It would be recalled that the Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde, approved the selection of Olaoye as the 21st Soun of Ogbomosoland on September 2, 2023, from Olaoye Ruling House after duly selected by the kingmakers in Ogbomoso.

The stool became vacant after the demise of Oba Jimoh Oyewumi Ajagungbade III, in December 2021, at the age of 95 years after he reigned for 48 years.

On September 8, the kingmakers in Ogbomosoland, led by Areago of Ogbomoso, High Chief Sobalaje Otolorin, installed Ghandi Olaoye as the new Soun of Ogbomoso at Abata.

Pastor Adeboye made this declaration while speaking at the Beulah Baptist Center, Ogbomoso, venue of interdenominational thanksgiving services for the new Soun of Ogbomoso on Sunday.

He said, “When he (Olaoye) came to me to inform me about the development I told him to go and pray, he came back and said he had not heard anything. I told him to go back and pray again, and after a while, he came back and told me God had spoken. I have heard him loud and clear that I should go ahead. It was then that I told him to go because it had been destined. I knew that long ago, but I want God to speak to him directly.

“To my critics, if I said no and God said Yes, whose word is the final? God of course. So, I cannot stop him because Pastor Olaoye was destined to be a king even before he was born and thank God it is coming to fruition,” he explained.

The cleric urges the monarch to embrace people and promote peace and unity among his subjects.

Oba Ghandi, stated that Pastor Adeboye is his spiritual father and role model.

He said, “I will be the king to the Christians, Muslims, and traditionalist. I will be a king to every son and daughter of this land. That is my strength, and I believe that God will give me his mercy to lead his people. I want everybody in this land to pray for me so that I would live aright.”

Special prayers were also offered for the king, Ogbomoso, Oyo State and Nigeria by President, Nigerian Baptist Convention, Rev.  Dr. Israel Akanji, Bishop Titus Olayinka, Archbishop Ayo Ladigbolu, and Pastor J.S Adegoke, among others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaafin of Oyo: Court strikes out kingmakers suit against Makinde

  An Oyo State High Court sitting in Awe, Afijio Local Government Area of the state, on Thursday, struck out the suit instituted against Governor Seyi Makinde by five kingmakers. Recall that the kingmakers, popularly known as Oyomesi, dragged the governor, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters and the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to court to stop them from aborting the process for the selection/appointment of the candidate for filling the vacant stool of Alaafin of Oyo by the kingmakers. The claimants in the suit were Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Yusuf Ayoola; Lagunna of Oyo, High Chief Wakeel Oyedepo; Akinniku of Oyo, High Chief Amuda Yusuf; Areago Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Waheed Oyetunji and Alapo of Oyo, who is also Warrant Officer for Alaapini of Oyo, Chief Gbadebo Mufutau. The plaintiffs were absent during Thursday’s hearing. While ruling on the suit, Justice Ladiran Akintola, struck it out following its withdrawal by counsel to the cla...

NECO releases 2022 SSCE external results

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results of the November/December 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, the registrar of NECO, broke the news on Thursday in Minna, the capital of Niger state. The 2022 SSCE for external candidates was held from November 21 to December 21. The NECO registrar said a total of 59,124 candidates sat for the examination, with 31,316 males, representing 52.96 per cent, while 27,808, representing 47.03 per cent, were female. He said 58,012 candidates sat for the English Language with 44,162, representing 76.13 per cent, getting credit and above. According to Wushishi, the number of candidates who wrote Mathematics is 57,700, out of which 43,096, representing 74.69 per cent, got credit and above. He also disclosed that 46,825 candidates, representing 79.20%, got five credits and above — irrespective of English Language and Mathematics. The NECO registrar revealed that 11,419 candidates were sanction...

How Ogbori Elemosho gave me MFR Status - Lere Paimo

  Ogbomoso born,Veteran Nollywood actor,  Chief Lere Paimo MFR has explained that his historical movie 'Ogbori Elemosho gave him a lot of recongition and earned him the MFR status with the likes of Dangote and Mike Adenuga. Chief Paimo stated this during a recent interview with The Nation while reacting to questions on some people's believe that historical movies don’t generate much money. "That is a big lie, my movie, Ogbori Elemosho gave me a lot including my MFR status with the likes of Dangote, Mike Adenuga in Abuja some years back. Just three days ago, the Chartered Institute of Commerce conferred me with a doctorate degree, I am now Chief Dr Lere Paimo. All these are results of my works. I built a house from acting, bought cars and sent my children to school so tell me what more we want in life. Chief Paimo also stressed why its wrong for Nollywood stars to bleach their skin. According to Eda Onile Ola as popularly called “There is no amount of advice we would give t...