Skip to main content

Why I Dumped My Newborn Baby After Delivery in Ogbomoso, Nigerian Mum of Five Speaks |Ogbomoso Info

 


 



A single mum of five who was recently arrested after she dumped her newborn baby just after delivery in Ogbomoso, Oyo State has finally spoken up on why she made such a drastic decision.


In a chat with BBC Yoruba, Dupe Alabi said many years ago she got “married’ to her first husband, a carpenter, with whom she had her first child.


However, they had a big fight and she left the marriage when their child turned seven.


She told BBC that she moved out of his house to Ogbomoso where she started working at a canteen. She said it was there she met her second husband whom she had two children for, a boy and a girl.


According to her, while she was married to her second husband, her first husband kept on coming to her, insisting she must return to him. She said she refused since she was already married to another man.


Dupe said her second husband packed out of their matrimonial home and moved in with another lady after he got wind that her first husband was making advances at her and threatening to take her back. She said her second husband left her with three children and no source of income.


Dupe who could not hold back tears said she had to return to her parents’ house with her three children and began to hawk some items just to make a living. She said her second husband refused to provide money for the upkeep of their children.


According to her, her first husband called her one day and informed her that he was willing to take her back with all her children. She told him she wouldn’t be able to come as she has nowhere to send her children from her second marriage. She said her first husband asked her not to worry and promised to take care of all three children.


The distraught mum said she returned to him and had another child for him. According to her, they had another disagreement when he asked her to return the children from her second husband to him. When the demand became too much, she moved out of his house with her four children.


Dupe said a year and a half later, her first husband called her and asked her to come and collect some money for the upkeep of his children. She went and they had sex which resulted in her fifth pregnancy. When she realized she was pregnant, she reached out to him and he denied owning the pregnancy.


Ashamed and confused as to how she would take care of five children, Dupe said it was then she made up her mind to hide her pregnancy and dump the baby when she gives birth. She said she denied her pregnancy even when people who saw her asked if she was pregnant.


On the 11th of August, when I had my baby, I did not inform anybody.


While I was having contractions, I went to the back of an abandoned building close to Akala Hospital in Oke Elerin.


People go into the abandoned building to defecate and then throw it away.


That was where I stood and the baby came out. Panicking, I carried the baby and didn’t know whether it was a boy or a girl. I just carried the baby and dropped it on the floor close the hospital where the workers can see the baby.


Then I hung around to see if anybody will carry the baby and hope that nobody will guess that I was the one who dropped the child.


After the baby was carried, I left for home.


At about 8 pm, I returned to my house. When I greeted them in my house, the husband of the woman who brought me to where I reside, surprising asked if I wasn’t the one who gave birth and dumped the baby.


I wanted to deny but the man told me that my baby was in Akala hospital and that my mother is around and that everyone had been looking for me since morning.


That was when I couldn’t say anything anymore. I began to cry and I couldn’t deny the fact that I wasn’t the one that dropped the baby there”


The Local government chairman in Ogbomoso Central, Hon. Adeyinka Remi Oluwaseun, has taken over the upkeep of her baby and has also promised to provide her with a job within the council.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaafin of Oyo: Court strikes out kingmakers suit against Makinde

  An Oyo State High Court sitting in Awe, Afijio Local Government Area of the state, on Thursday, struck out the suit instituted against Governor Seyi Makinde by five kingmakers. Recall that the kingmakers, popularly known as Oyomesi, dragged the governor, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters and the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to court to stop them from aborting the process for the selection/appointment of the candidate for filling the vacant stool of Alaafin of Oyo by the kingmakers. The claimants in the suit were Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Yusuf Ayoola; Lagunna of Oyo, High Chief Wakeel Oyedepo; Akinniku of Oyo, High Chief Amuda Yusuf; Areago Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Waheed Oyetunji and Alapo of Oyo, who is also Warrant Officer for Alaapini of Oyo, Chief Gbadebo Mufutau. The plaintiffs were absent during Thursday’s hearing. While ruling on the suit, Justice Ladiran Akintola, struck it out following its withdrawal by counsel to the cla...

NECO releases 2022 SSCE external results

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results of the November/December 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, the registrar of NECO, broke the news on Thursday in Minna, the capital of Niger state. The 2022 SSCE for external candidates was held from November 21 to December 21. The NECO registrar said a total of 59,124 candidates sat for the examination, with 31,316 males, representing 52.96 per cent, while 27,808, representing 47.03 per cent, were female. He said 58,012 candidates sat for the English Language with 44,162, representing 76.13 per cent, getting credit and above. According to Wushishi, the number of candidates who wrote Mathematics is 57,700, out of which 43,096, representing 74.69 per cent, got credit and above. He also disclosed that 46,825 candidates, representing 79.20%, got five credits and above — irrespective of English Language and Mathematics. The NECO registrar revealed that 11,419 candidates were sanction...

How Ogbori Elemosho gave me MFR Status - Lere Paimo

  Ogbomoso born,Veteran Nollywood actor,  Chief Lere Paimo MFR has explained that his historical movie 'Ogbori Elemosho gave him a lot of recongition and earned him the MFR status with the likes of Dangote and Mike Adenuga. Chief Paimo stated this during a recent interview with The Nation while reacting to questions on some people's believe that historical movies don’t generate much money. "That is a big lie, my movie, Ogbori Elemosho gave me a lot including my MFR status with the likes of Dangote, Mike Adenuga in Abuja some years back. Just three days ago, the Chartered Institute of Commerce conferred me with a doctorate degree, I am now Chief Dr Lere Paimo. All these are results of my works. I built a house from acting, bought cars and sent my children to school so tell me what more we want in life. Chief Paimo also stressed why its wrong for Nollywood stars to bleach their skin. According to Eda Onile Ola as popularly called “There is no amount of advice we would give t...