Oyo State Governor, ‘Seyi Makinde has expressed plans of his administration to replicate the construction of the Federal Government’s SMART School Initiative in each of the three senatorial districts of the state.
The governor stated this while receiving a delegation of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) in his office led by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Arch. Sonny Echono.
He said that his government was set to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT).
Governor Makinde commended UBEC for its support efforts in uplifting the basic education and Better Education Service Delivery for All (BESDA) initiative as well as plans to eliminate out-of-school syndrome in the state.
He said: “I want to welcome this delegation to Oyo State and will like to thank you for your support to our state at the basic education level and even at the BESDA level.
“Ibadan used to be ahead of the education capital of not just Nigeria but the entire continent, but we lost all of that along the line. “Suddenly, we had the most out-of-school children in the entire South West and that was the situation we were in when we came in.
“When we came in, I met Dr. Bobboyi in Abuja and when I saw the design of those smart schools, I assured that we are going to replicate it in Oyo State and assured we will have, in each of our Senatorial District, such school for our gifted children. It is a work in progress and we will get there.
“When I was going around during the electioneering, the people told me not to tell them about what the previous administration did not do but what exactly I wanted to do for them.
Comments
Post a Comment