Skip to main content

OYO 2023: I Am No More Interested In Governorship Race – Alao-Akala |Ogbomoso Info

  




A former governor of Oyo state, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala on Saturday declared that he would not take part in the future Governorship elections in the Oyo state, but will ensure a sellable candidate emerge through primary elections in 2023.


 


Akala said his decision to step aside for the governorship election will make it possible for him to carry out the chairmanship reconciliation task bestowed on him by the late former governor of the state, senator Abiola Ajimobi without fear or favor.



 


The former governor who spoke during a radio programme monitored by Oyo Echo,  in Ibadan, the state capital said a credible and transparent primary elections must be held ahead of 2023 elections.


Akala said the only reason people leave a political party is when they discovered that the leadership of such party cheated them by imposing candidates on them, but said this would be addressed in 2023.




 


Akala said; “My discussion with the former governor Abiola Ajimobi was much, but on our party, we agreed that since he had been given appointment in Abuja, I should wait behind to reconcile aggrieved members of our party in the state. Some people were aggrieved after the last general elections. Ajimobi knew I was experienced and I could bring them together with my experience. I have spoken with all the blocs in the APC and they are ready to return to the party. I begged some of them. I made sacrifices to some. We are all stakeholders in our party since it is not a company belonging to someone, so we should work in unity.


 


“People are complaining that I left APC and later return, yes it is true because it is normal to get angry and when they begged you, I have to return to the party. Those complaining are not competent enough, if they are, they should hold their respective areas. They should win their polling unit, wards, and even local government because we are all stakeholders in the party. Everybody should know their worth.


 


“They don’t need to be afraid if I would still leave the party or not because there is no permanent friends of enemies in politics but we play politics the way it came. I know everything about Oyo politics and I am the only person who understands the game very well, with due respect. I am no more interested in governorship race again in 2023, therefore, I am competent to talk to all the aspirants. All our aspirants are very competent but they should continue to pray for God guidance. I can use my own to encourage our people because I didn’t have money when I became a governor. As we are approaching 2023, it is possible to come and contest election just as some people invited Obasanjo to contest in 1999 because he didn’t have money to contest election at that time.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaafin of Oyo: Court strikes out kingmakers suit against Makinde

  An Oyo State High Court sitting in Awe, Afijio Local Government Area of the state, on Thursday, struck out the suit instituted against Governor Seyi Makinde by five kingmakers. Recall that the kingmakers, popularly known as Oyomesi, dragged the governor, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters and the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to court to stop them from aborting the process for the selection/appointment of the candidate for filling the vacant stool of Alaafin of Oyo by the kingmakers. The claimants in the suit were Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Yusuf Ayoola; Lagunna of Oyo, High Chief Wakeel Oyedepo; Akinniku of Oyo, High Chief Amuda Yusuf; Areago Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Waheed Oyetunji and Alapo of Oyo, who is also Warrant Officer for Alaapini of Oyo, Chief Gbadebo Mufutau. The plaintiffs were absent during Thursday’s hearing. While ruling on the suit, Justice Ladiran Akintola, struck it out following its withdrawal by counsel to the cla...

NECO releases 2022 SSCE external results

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results of the November/December 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, the registrar of NECO, broke the news on Thursday in Minna, the capital of Niger state. The 2022 SSCE for external candidates was held from November 21 to December 21. The NECO registrar said a total of 59,124 candidates sat for the examination, with 31,316 males, representing 52.96 per cent, while 27,808, representing 47.03 per cent, were female. He said 58,012 candidates sat for the English Language with 44,162, representing 76.13 per cent, getting credit and above. According to Wushishi, the number of candidates who wrote Mathematics is 57,700, out of which 43,096, representing 74.69 per cent, got credit and above. He also disclosed that 46,825 candidates, representing 79.20%, got five credits and above — irrespective of English Language and Mathematics. The NECO registrar revealed that 11,419 candidates were sanction...

How Ogbori Elemosho gave me MFR Status - Lere Paimo

  Ogbomoso born,Veteran Nollywood actor,  Chief Lere Paimo MFR has explained that his historical movie 'Ogbori Elemosho gave him a lot of recongition and earned him the MFR status with the likes of Dangote and Mike Adenuga. Chief Paimo stated this during a recent interview with The Nation while reacting to questions on some people's believe that historical movies don’t generate much money. "That is a big lie, my movie, Ogbori Elemosho gave me a lot including my MFR status with the likes of Dangote, Mike Adenuga in Abuja some years back. Just three days ago, the Chartered Institute of Commerce conferred me with a doctorate degree, I am now Chief Dr Lere Paimo. All these are results of my works. I built a house from acting, bought cars and sent my children to school so tell me what more we want in life. Chief Paimo also stressed why its wrong for Nollywood stars to bleach their skin. According to Eda Onile Ola as popularly called “There is no amount of advice we would give t...