Skip to main content

Cabal in Makinde government wants me out of PDP – Party chieftain, Olopoenia |OGBOMOSO INFO|




A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State, Alhaji Adebisi Olopoenia, has declared that some sycophants who have formed cabal around the Governor of the state, Engineer Seyi Makinde want him out of the party.
Olopoenia made this declaration while speaking with journalists on the heel of the rumour going round that he has perfected plan to leave the PDP.
The PDP chieftain had few days ago, raised an alarm of threat to his life, saying a factional leader of the NURTW in the state was planning to assassinate him.
But, the PDP chieftain, who spoke in Ibadan, the state capital on Sunday, maintained that despite the fact that he owed nobody any explanation or apology if he wishes to leave, millions of those sycophants cannot move him out of the party.
Olopoenia explained that the sycophants want him out of the party by all means as a result of his advice to the Governor on the issue surrounding the National Union of Road and Transport Workers (NURTW).
He explained that the issue of the NURTW was what bastardized the government of former Governor Adebayo Alao Akala when he was in PDP.
He said that all his efforts were to ensure that history did not repeat itself and for that, he had continued to advice Governor Makinde to be careful on the NURTW issue.
“When the advice wanted to turn to another thing, I have to back out. Some said I want to be the Chairman of the Union, that’s why am against the choice of a factional leader to lead the Union, some said I have interest in another factional leader.
“But my own interest is the peaceful atmosphere in the state and that was the reason I was cautioning the Governor on the issue but when it wanted to turn to another thing entirely to the extent that my life was in danger, I had to back out,” he said.
He alleged that some sycophants who formed cabal around the Governor have went into agreement with a faction of NURTW started waging war against him.
Olopoenia added that “Some sycophants who have formed themselves as cabal around Governor Makinde wants me out of the PDP but million of them cannot move me out of the party.
“Though if I wish to leave the PDP today, I owe nobody any explanation. I am one of the founding members of the party, I am one of the few who has never for once left the party. Those who are carry the rumour that I wanted to leave the party, are those who are looking for what to eat, they have left the party in several occasions but find their way into the government.
“Why would I leave the party that I built, when Governor Ajimobi was in power in 2012, he invited me to join his party, I refused. When Governor Akala left the PDP to Labour party, despite our closeness, I didn’t follow him.
“I started the reformation of the PDP in 2015, bringing back those who have left, working tirelessly to bring PDP back to power in 2019, why would I now leave the party when we are in government.
“But I owe nobody any apology or explanation if I decide to leave but I am not leaving, the rumour is the handiwork of sycophants who have formed cabal around the Governor but they cannot destroy our party, neither the government”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaafin of Oyo: Court strikes out kingmakers suit against Makinde

  An Oyo State High Court sitting in Awe, Afijio Local Government Area of the state, on Thursday, struck out the suit instituted against Governor Seyi Makinde by five kingmakers. Recall that the kingmakers, popularly known as Oyomesi, dragged the governor, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters and the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to court to stop them from aborting the process for the selection/appointment of the candidate for filling the vacant stool of Alaafin of Oyo by the kingmakers. The claimants in the suit were Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Yusuf Ayoola; Lagunna of Oyo, High Chief Wakeel Oyedepo; Akinniku of Oyo, High Chief Amuda Yusuf; Areago Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Waheed Oyetunji and Alapo of Oyo, who is also Warrant Officer for Alaapini of Oyo, Chief Gbadebo Mufutau. The plaintiffs were absent during Thursday’s hearing. While ruling on the suit, Justice Ladiran Akintola, struck it out following its withdrawal by counsel to the cla...

NECO releases 2022 SSCE external results

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results of the November/December 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, the registrar of NECO, broke the news on Thursday in Minna, the capital of Niger state. The 2022 SSCE for external candidates was held from November 21 to December 21. The NECO registrar said a total of 59,124 candidates sat for the examination, with 31,316 males, representing 52.96 per cent, while 27,808, representing 47.03 per cent, were female. He said 58,012 candidates sat for the English Language with 44,162, representing 76.13 per cent, getting credit and above. According to Wushishi, the number of candidates who wrote Mathematics is 57,700, out of which 43,096, representing 74.69 per cent, got credit and above. He also disclosed that 46,825 candidates, representing 79.20%, got five credits and above — irrespective of English Language and Mathematics. The NECO registrar revealed that 11,419 candidates were sanction...

How Ogbori Elemosho gave me MFR Status - Lere Paimo

  Ogbomoso born,Veteran Nollywood actor,  Chief Lere Paimo MFR has explained that his historical movie 'Ogbori Elemosho gave him a lot of recongition and earned him the MFR status with the likes of Dangote and Mike Adenuga. Chief Paimo stated this during a recent interview with The Nation while reacting to questions on some people's believe that historical movies don’t generate much money. "That is a big lie, my movie, Ogbori Elemosho gave me a lot including my MFR status with the likes of Dangote, Mike Adenuga in Abuja some years back. Just three days ago, the Chartered Institute of Commerce conferred me with a doctorate degree, I am now Chief Dr Lere Paimo. All these are results of my works. I built a house from acting, bought cars and sent my children to school so tell me what more we want in life. Chief Paimo also stressed why its wrong for Nollywood stars to bleach their skin. According to Eda Onile Ola as popularly called “There is no amount of advice we would give t...