Skip to main content

Nigerian Army twice saved me from imminent death - Makinde |OGBOMOSO INFO|

 

The Executive Governor of Oyo State, Engineer Seyi Makinde said at the weekend that his administration would continue to maintain cordial relationship with the officers and men of Nigerian Army in order to keep the State safer and secure.

Makinde, stated this while speaking at a reception organised in his honour by the General Officer Commanding 2 Division Nigerian Army, Maj Gen Anthony Bamidele Omozoje, at the Tiger’s Den, Adekunle Fajuyi Cantonment, Odogbo, Ibadan, adding that Army Officers had saved his life from imminent death at least on two occasions.
The Governor further thanked the military for its dedication to the peace and security of Oyo State, saying, “I want to also specially thank the officers for the good work that they are doing to keep us safe and secure.
To some people, it may be something new but, to me, it is not. I have been saved twice from imminent death by the officers of this Division.
“The first experience was in 2007 when I was contesting to go to the Senate. On the day of election, my house was invaded by mobile policemen but I was rescued by the officers and was taken to Mokola Barracks where I stayed throughout the election.
I did not even vote on the election day but I was happy that I came back unhurt due to the efforts of the officers of this Division.


“Also in 2015 when I was contesting to be the governor of this state, I was going to campaign in front of the family house of my opponent.
Violence erupted but the officers of this Divison took charge and I was rescued unhurt. So, if I fasttrack that to Operation Burst, I am glad to say that anytime we have them going out for an operation, we sleep peacefully because we know they will do the necessary things.”
Governor Makinde again commended the Nigeria Army for being organized and disciplined in their duties, nothing that these two attributes of the Army are similar to that of Engineering, the profession he belongs.
“I tried to join the Army because of two basic things; the organisation and the discipline. When it didn’t work out, I decided to be an Engineer. There is similarity between the organisation and discipline of the Army and that of Engineering profession”, he noted.


He stated that his administration would continue to provide social amenities for the well-being of all and sundry in the state, adding that he has approved the renovation of the School in the Baracks.
He also promised to extend the second phase of light up Oyo State project to the barracks.
“The last time I was at the WASA event, I spoke about two major things; the dilapidated school in the Barracks and the light-up project of Oyo State.
Because you have been selfless in taking the wellbeing of the people of the state as top priority, I have given the approval for the renovation of the school.
” I also said that the second phase of the light-up project will not continue until we include Odogbo Barracks in it.
“In the next two or three weeks, we should approve the second phase, which we will make sure that it extends to the Barracks.”
According to him, the new security architecture in the State would pave the way for Operation Burst to cover all the other Zones within the state.
He said : “So, I look forward to us working closely together, especially Operation Burst. We are trying to cover the whole of Oyo State.
Some people may not know that Oyo State is quite big in landmass. If you join all the states in the Eastern part of Nigeria, they are not as big as Oyo. So, I want to thank the officers for being diligent in keeping us safe.
“We still have quite a bit to do to entrench the new security architecture and, of course, we want the handshake all the way to Oke-Ogun, Ogbomoso, Ibarapa and other axis too.
“You are also our constituency because when they were talking about the central abattoir system, I told them that they should remove the 2nd Division Barracks from the centralisation because you have to do your things your own way. So, this is my constituency and I will always give you special consideration.”
While speaking earlier, the General Officer Commanding 2 Division Nigerian Army, Maj Gen Anthony Bamidele Omozoje, thanked the governor for his continuous support for the Division while also conveying the goodwill message of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Yusufu Buratai to him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaafin of Oyo: Court strikes out kingmakers suit against Makinde

  An Oyo State High Court sitting in Awe, Afijio Local Government Area of the state, on Thursday, struck out the suit instituted against Governor Seyi Makinde by five kingmakers. Recall that the kingmakers, popularly known as Oyomesi, dragged the governor, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters and the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to court to stop them from aborting the process for the selection/appointment of the candidate for filling the vacant stool of Alaafin of Oyo by the kingmakers. The claimants in the suit were Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Yusuf Ayoola; Lagunna of Oyo, High Chief Wakeel Oyedepo; Akinniku of Oyo, High Chief Amuda Yusuf; Areago Basorun of Oyo, High Chief Waheed Oyetunji and Alapo of Oyo, who is also Warrant Officer for Alaapini of Oyo, Chief Gbadebo Mufutau. The plaintiffs were absent during Thursday’s hearing. While ruling on the suit, Justice Ladiran Akintola, struck it out following its withdrawal by counsel to the cla...

NECO releases 2022 SSCE external results

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results of the November/December 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, the registrar of NECO, broke the news on Thursday in Minna, the capital of Niger state. The 2022 SSCE for external candidates was held from November 21 to December 21. The NECO registrar said a total of 59,124 candidates sat for the examination, with 31,316 males, representing 52.96 per cent, while 27,808, representing 47.03 per cent, were female. He said 58,012 candidates sat for the English Language with 44,162, representing 76.13 per cent, getting credit and above. According to Wushishi, the number of candidates who wrote Mathematics is 57,700, out of which 43,096, representing 74.69 per cent, got credit and above. He also disclosed that 46,825 candidates, representing 79.20%, got five credits and above — irrespective of English Language and Mathematics. The NECO registrar revealed that 11,419 candidates were sanction...

How Ogbori Elemosho gave me MFR Status - Lere Paimo

  Ogbomoso born,Veteran Nollywood actor,  Chief Lere Paimo MFR has explained that his historical movie 'Ogbori Elemosho gave him a lot of recongition and earned him the MFR status with the likes of Dangote and Mike Adenuga. Chief Paimo stated this during a recent interview with The Nation while reacting to questions on some people's believe that historical movies don’t generate much money. "That is a big lie, my movie, Ogbori Elemosho gave me a lot including my MFR status with the likes of Dangote, Mike Adenuga in Abuja some years back. Just three days ago, the Chartered Institute of Commerce conferred me with a doctorate degree, I am now Chief Dr Lere Paimo. All these are results of my works. I built a house from acting, bought cars and sent my children to school so tell me what more we want in life. Chief Paimo also stressed why its wrong for Nollywood stars to bleach their skin. According to Eda Onile Ola as popularly called “There is no amount of advice we would give t...